It has been a while! Things I did over my winter break:
- had double jaw surgery. I can bite with my front teeth now, nbd.
- revamped my website + resume, adding some sparkle
- applied for two internships (no dice!)
- designed two logos + website and other projects
- won a contest with Donate Life Maryland, awesome!
- accepted a position in an honors programs
- got asked to to be in an art book (shh! deets on that later.)
- applied for a competitive scholarship, fingers crossed!
Having time off from school to pursue other projects has been incredibly fulfilling and reaffirms my love for the design industry. The surgery, not as much fun. So lucky to be able to work remotely!
Here’s to an inspiring & rigorous spring semester. I’m taking courses in web, science, print, and social design. Cannot wait!!
This week I made an alphabet out of flowers!
Magazine mock-up. Photo by Max Attenborough
‘Redo’ is a publication that emphasizes repurposing and refurbishing home décor. The magazine appeals to a design oriented audience that likes to customize living spaces and defeat clutter. Mixing timeless and modern styles is encouraged. The magazine features many articles topics such as DIY, restoration, organization, and inspiration.
I liked the title ‘Redo’ because it reiterates the idea to build upon something already existing. Merriam Webster lists “redecorate” as the definition of redo. Re ”DO” is a call to action, a physical process of making. The magazine’s audience isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeve and spend time to craft a unique piece for their home.
Poster series referencing past art movements
Just landed in Minneapolis for the summer to start an internship!
I wanted to start a blog to fill with all the things that don’t make it to my portfolio website, ie process work, ideas, inspiration, & thoughts.
(click through image to view site.)