love update! still in progress.
Hand lettering for a personal project! It’s something I really want to improve on. First few stages.
It has been a while! Things I did over my winter break:
- had double jaw surgery. I can bite with my front teeth now, nbd.
- revamped my website + resume, adding some sparkle
- applied for two internships (no dice!)
- designed two logos + website and other projects
- won a contest with Donate Life Maryland, awesome!
- accepted a position in an honors programs
- got asked to to be in an art book (shh! deets on that later.)
- applied for a competitive scholarship, fingers crossed!
Having time off from school to pursue other projects has been incredibly fulfilling and reaffirms my love for the design industry. The surgery, not as much fun. So lucky to be able to work remotely!
Here’s to an inspiring & rigorous spring semester. I’m taking courses in web, science, print, and social design. Cannot wait!!
A mash up of sequins, wheat paste, hand lettering, neon, and brightly painted facades make Uptown, Uptown.
This logo is part of a fictional identity for Uptown, Minneapolis, in collaboration with Jackson Lynch. The identity is made up of layered geometric shapes and patterns that are interchangeable, able to adapt to varying applications. The bright assortment of colors and patterns complement the local cafes and kitsch, while the geometric forms cater to the contemporary structural buildings that have been built to settle new businesses into the area.
Winter time in Minneapolis. 22 Degrees out, recently snowed. Parking your bike is competitive!